At GlobalReach, we’re motivated by the difference our services & solutions make. This touches everything that we do. It’s led us to commit to continuously review & improve our practices.
This statement defines the ESG promises we make to our customers, partners, shareholders, employees & communities. These underline how we act in the areas of:
We encourage everyone we work & partner with to do the same.
Strategy & Behaviours
We recognise that ‘business as usual’ shouldn’t overwhelm our ESG responsibilities. We want to do things differently, making a positive commercial impact, reducing costs & minimising our environmental impact. Our ESG practices are embedded in:
- Living ESG principles from the boardroom to each operating unit & in our stakeholder relationships.
- Customer-focused solutions: Adding value to our customers, the company, our stakeholders & communities.
- Innovation: Creating technologies that contribute positively to our customers’ social responsibility.
- Culture & talent: Engaging all our employees in delivering our ESG objectives.
Oversight & Implementation
We want to do good & recognise that we can always improve. We’re genuinely interested in what we can do better. To embed ESG in our culture, all our people have responsibility for making this policy work & our management team will enable this policy with the sponsorship our Board of Directors, who will review:
- How we comply with regulatory requirements.
- Our continuous improvement & monitoring of our environmental & social impact.
- How we apply ESG commitments to decision-making & operations.
- How our team lives these goals.
- Updates to this policy in consultation with our team & ESG experts.
- How the suppliers, contractors & subcontractors that we work with support our goals.
- Meet relevant regulatory requirements.
- Ensure our solutions will reduce our carbon footprint – & our customers’.
- Reduce our waste & energy consumption.
- Make decisions based on environmental impact.
- Develop our team’s understanding of how they can make a difference.
How we do this:
- We source & use materials that reduce our environmental impact.
- We are reducing paper, plastic, water & energy use.
- We’ve increased digital communications over face-to-face travel.
- 90% of the team are remote workers, reducing travel.
- We use remote support tools, reducing the need to travel to customer sites.
- We seek out responsible suppliers who are committed to using renewable energy.
- We strive to rent, share or reuse resources before buying new.
- If we do buy new, we’ll try sustainable products & materials where we can.
- Our office suppliers choose responsible cleaning, resourcing & waste disposal.
- We use cloud-based services like scaling groups & serverless technology that reduce the carbon footprint of our data centre usage.
- To invest in & show that we value our employees.
- To be an ethical partner to our customers, communities, investors & suppliers.
- To protect our customers’ privacy & data security.
- To recognise our ability & responsibility to enable fair access to communications.
- To create genuine value for anyone who touches GlobalReach.
How we do this:
- Our Group values pledge to make careful commitments & to live up to them in all of our dealings, by being respectful, professional & socially compassionate.
- We practice open communication & welcome our team’s ideas for improvement.
- We invest in our team through employee-focused reviews & training.
- We have recruited new talent, to upskill & invest in more communities.
- We welcomed interns to support the next generation of talent.
- We encourage remote working for a better work-life balance.
- We care for our customers’ personal data as we would our own, complying with data protection law, minimising PII capture or processing, or third-party data sharing.
- We implement software to protect Wi-Fi users & their families from harm.
- We support inclusive programs including World Wi-Fi Day, to connect the unconnected.
- We provide Wi-Fi services that connect our customers’ venues & the surrounding communities.
- We empower our partners to contribute to their communities through digital inclusion, reducing isolation & enabling communication.
Governance, Ethics & Compliance
- To operate ethically, with a strong sense of stakeholder responsibility.
- Give equal weight to process, oversight, transparency & risk management.
- To be a solid, trustworthy employer, supplier & partner, listening to feedback, committed to recognising & fixing mistakes.
- To be diligent in our responsibility to protect our business & our customers’ by minimising risks.
How we do this:
- We have strong corporate governance practices through professional Board. stewardship, management accountability & proactive risk management.
- We have an experienced, diverse Board, who are personal advocates of ESG.
- Regularly audited policies, processes & controls allow us to manage risks.
- Fundamental ESG principles are considered in our investment decisions.
- We have strong stakeholder relationships through regular, direct, open reviews with our customers & partners.
- We comply with legislative & customer requirements for information security.
- We recognise our responsibility to get things right the first time & to ensure our solutions adapt to the future.
- We are active members of strategic industry alliances to understand & take action on changes in our world.
- We ensure the integrity of our information security by maintaining our BSI (British Standards Institute) ISO/IEC 27001 & Cyber Essentials certification. Compliance is independently audited.
- We are committed & transparent about our commitment to minimise risks to the confidentiality, integrity & availability of our customers’ & GlobalReach’s information & IT systems, as outlined in our Information Security Policy.
- We provide ongoing information security training to all our staff.
- Our team members are shareholders in our business, investing everyone in our success.