At GlobalReach, we’re motivated by the difference our services and solutions make. This touches everything that we do. It’s led us to commit to continuously review and improve our practices.
This statement defines the ESG promises we make to our customers, partners, shareholders, employees, and communities. These underline how we think and act in the areas of:
We encourage everyone we work and partner with to do the same
Strategy & Behaviours
Our ESG responsibilities underpin our business as usual. We want to do things responsibly, making a positive commercial impact, reducing costs and minimising our environmental impact. Our ESG practices are embedded in:
- Living ESG principles from the boardroom to each operational unit, including customer, supplier and partner relationships.
- Customer-focused solutions: Adding value to our customers, the company, our stakeholders and communities.
- Innovation: Creating new and secure technologies that contribute positively to our customers’ social responsibility.
- Culture and talent: Engaging all our employees in delivering our ESG objectives.
Oversight & Implementation
We want to do good and know that we can always improve. Our products and services have a positive impact in the communities we operate and on the customers and suppliers with whom we interact. ESG is embedded in our culture, all our people have responsibility for putting this policy into action, with the sponsorship of our Board of Directors, who will ensure and review:
- Our full compliance with regulatory requirements and that the business operates responsibly.
- Our continuous improvement and monitoring of our environmental and social impact.
- How we apply ESG commitments to decision-making and operations.
- How our team lives these goals.
- Updates to this policy in consultation with our team and ESG experts.
- How the suppliers, contractors and subcontractors we work with support our goals.
- Operate our business in a way that minimises environmental impact.
- Ensure our solutions will reduce our carbon footprint – and our and that of our customers.
- Reduce our waste and energy consumption.
- Make decisions based on environmental impact.
- Develop our team’s understanding of how they can make a difference.
How we do this:
- Provide environmental literacy training to our team.
- We source and use materials that reduce our environmental impact.
- We are reducing paper, plastic, water and energy use.
- We’ve increased digital communications over face-to-face travel.
- The majority of our team works from home, helping reduce our environmental impact.
- We use remote support tools, reducing the need to travel to customer sites.
- We seek out responsible suppliers who are committed to using renewable energy.
- We strive to rent, share or reuse resources before buying new.
- If we do buy new, we’ll try sustainable products and materials where we can.
- Our office suppliers choose responsible cleaning, resourcing and waste disposal.
- We use cloud-based services like scaling groups and serverless technology that reduce the carbon footprint of our data centre usage.
- To invest in and show that we value our employees.
- To provide a high standard of welfare for our employees.
- To be an ethical partner to our customers, communities, investors and suppliers.
- To protect our customers’ privacy and data security.
- To recognise our ability and responsibility to enable fair access to communications.
- To create genuine value for anyone who touches GlobalReach.
How we do this:
- With Group values including ‘Integrity Always’, ‘Individually Invested’ and ‘Deliver Excellence’, we pledge to make careful commitments and to live up to them in all of our dealings, by being respectful, professional, and socially compassionate.
- We ensure compliance with Modern Slavery policy requirements
- We practise open communication and welcome our team’s ideas for improvement.
- Our employees are shareholders in the business.
- We invest in our team through employee-focused reviews and training.
- We recruit new talent, to upskill and invest in more communities.
- We welcome interns to support the next generation of talent in our communities.
- We encourage remote working for a better work-life balance.
- We care for our customers’ personal data as we would our own, complying with data protection laws and minimising PII capture or processing, or third-party data sharing.
- We implement software to protect Wi-Fi users and their families from harm.
- We support inclusive programs including World Wi-Fi Day, to connect the unconnected.
- We provide Wi-Fi services that connect our customers’ venues and the surrounding communities.
- Our services allow our partners to contribute to their communities through digital inclusion, reducing isolation and enabling communication.
Governance, Ethics & Compliance
- To operate ethically and with a strong sense of stakeholder responsibility.
- Give equal weight to process, oversight, transparency and risk management.
- To be a solid, trustworthy employer, supplier and partner, listening to feedback, committed to recognising and fixing mistakes.
- To be diligent in our responsibility to protect our business and our customers’ by minimising cyber security and operational risks.
How we do this:
- We have strong corporate governance practices through professional Board stewardship, management accountability and proactive risk management.
- Our policies are compliant with the Anti-Corruption and Bribery Act 2010
- We have an experienced and diverse Board, who are personal advocates of ESG.
- Regularly audited policies, processes and controls allow us to manage risks.
- Fundamental ESG principles are considered in our investment decisions.
- We have strong stakeholder relationships through regular, direct, open reviews with our customers and partners
- We comply with legislative and customer requirements for information security.
- We recognise our responsibility to deliver Wi-Fi solutions with our customers, to get things right first time and ensure our solutions adapt to the future.
- We are active members of strategic industry alliances to understand, monitor and take action in response to changes in our world.
- We ensure the integrity of our information security by maintaining our BSI (British Standards Institute) ISO/IEC 27001 and Cyber Essentials certification. Compliance is independently audited.
- We are transparent about our commitment to minimise risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our platform as outlined in our Information Security Policy.
- We provide ongoing information security training to all our staff.